In life, I’ve come across many beautiful girls from all over the world. However, there are a few who truly stood out to me, and they all had one thing in common – perfect skin! These girls barely knew how to put mascara on, yet they were glowing.
In life, I’ve come across many beautiful girls from all over the world. However, there are a few who truly stood out to me, and they all had one thing in common – perfect skin! These girls barely knew how to put mascara on, yet they were glowing. I am a true believer in not needing makeup if you have beautiful, glowing skin. So here’s the million-dollar question: HOW DO YOU GET PERFECT SKIN?!?!?!?
UGH – I’ll be the first to admit I always somewhat struggled with acne and dull, lackluster skin. But it was also my fault because I was lazy and didn’t take proper care of my skin, plus I drank wayyyy too much soda and ate way too many sweets (sorry, but I love chocolate). However, a few months ago, I decided enough was enough. I am given this skin – it’s mine – and I have to start taking care of it. So I did my research, read many articles, and talked to many people who had good habits, routines, and nice skin. Though my skin isn’t perfect, it has dramatically improved! I rarely break out anymore, I’m naturally glowing, moisturized, and my face just looks all around better. So I’m here to share the few definites of skin care that work and could help you! In future posts, I will talk about various products that I find helpful (since I’ve tried EVERYTHING).
Ok, so here we go:
- EAT YOUR VEGGIES – Seriously, you are what you eat. Go for avocados, leafy greens, carrots, steamed broccoli, etc. A lot of these veggies have essential vitamins that help your skin out.
- DRINK LOTS OF WATER – sounds like a simple one yet again but helps get rid of all the toxins in your body (including your skin).
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser – no more and no less. You don’t want to wash your face too often because then you’re drying out your skin. I recommend Philosophy’s Purity facial cleanser. It’s gentle yet super effective.
- Exfoliate and peel! – You should use a face peel once a week. It helps renew the skin and get rid of any extra dirt and impurities. It will also help your face wash and moisturizer become more effective! Make sure you also exfoliate your skin at least 2-3 times a week with a non-abrasive exfoliator. STAY AWAY from abrasive exfoliators such as St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I’ve fallen victim to this product. You think it’s good because you feel its hard texture scrubbing everything away, but it actually causes micro cuts in your face because the crushed walnuts are wayyyy too abrasive to be putting on your skin.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! – I’m a big fan of face oils and mixing them with face creams. Your face will feel ahhhhmazing.
- Make sure you’re getting enough exercise and enough sleep – this should go without saying.
Stay tuned for my post on face oils and other fun products plus my recipes for face masks and more.
Photo : Source