Seriously guys, I think Coconut Oil is the best oil out there! I’m all about using natural products to promote your best face forward! You can use it for virtually anything, and it so happens to be a main ingredient in almost every face mask or bath product I make.
Seriously guys, I think Coconut Oil is the best oil out there! I’m all about using natural products to promote your best face forward! You can use it for virtually anything, and it so happens to be a main ingredient in almost every face mask or bath product I make. You can get a pretty big jar of extra virgin coconut oil at Trader Joe’s for about $15.
So I bet you’re wondering… why coconut oil? What are the benefits? What can I use it for? This chick is loco.
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. This makes it an amazing base for body scrubs, shaving creams, face masks, and even hair masks! It also has many anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties as well – which helps heal and prevent acne. Coconut oil is even fantastic as a mouthwash since it removes toxins that create cavities!
The main uses I get out of this lovely oil are:
- My moisturizing coconut oil-honey-lemon mask:
1) 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
2) 1 ½ tablespoon of organic honey
3) And a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon
Mix and then leave it on your face for 10-20 minutes
- Oil pulling for my teeth – I swish around a giant tablespoon of coconut oil for 15 minutes while I’m taking a shower every morning after I brush my teeth. It helps whiten my teeth naturally, so goodbye expensive whitening strips! And makes my mouth feel much cleaner throughout the day than my regular Scope mouthwash ever could!
- Makeup remover – I highly suggest RMS coconut oil as a makeup remover. Ladies, I know you’re going to hate hearing this, but those makeup remover wipes are actually really bad for your skin. They clog your pores and cause more breakouts! From my friends to even my own experience, I noticed a serious reduction in breakouts just from switching to coconut oil as my makeup remover. You don’t even need a lot of it – everything just glides off!
- Hair mask – Want to make your hair soft and shiny? Coconut oil is your #1 go to. I like to apply a generous amount starting at my ends and eventually work my way up to my scalp. Once I get to my scalp, I apply a little bit of the oil on my scalp and massage it in for a few minutes. Then I put my hair into a shower cap and leave it in my hair for about an hour. The heat from the shower cap helps activate the oils for a deeper conditioning. After the hour, I shampoo my hair 2-3x to make sure my hair isn’t greasy and then I let my hair air dry.
- Bath melts – Honey-lavender bath melts with coconut oil. Ladies, your skin will be baby soft. Absolutely to die for. Fun fact – Shaving your legs after soaking in the bath with 2 of those bath melts is the best choice ever considering the coconut oil really sinks into your skin. You get a super close yet super soft and smooth shave.
Photo : Source