Weights will make you look huge and bulky. Gym machines are boring. You can’t eat anything. Bootcamp is sadistic, and kickboxing is only for guys. Those are the things you’ve heard about fitness, but never thought they are far from the real truth.
Weights will make you look huge and bulky. Gym machines are boring. You can’t eat anything. Bootcamp is sadistic, and kickboxing is only for guys. Those are the things you’ve heard about fitness, but never thought they are far from the real truth. Actually, most of those things are good for you and bring the opposite result. Here are the most common lies you were told about getting fit:
- First of all, using weights while exercising won’t make you look bigger, bulky or anything close. In fact, using weights will help you to tone your muscles and skin faster. So you should never ever be afraid to use weights while exercising!
- Squats are not going to harm your knees or your lower back. If you do it the right way, this exercise will make your knees and lower back stronger, and what is more priceless than making your butt and legs look better?
- Protein shakes will make you fat. They will actually help you recover faster, and bring all the micro and macro elements that your body needs. There is a little possibility that your diet includes everything your body needs after working out, and protein shakes are the best solution for it.
- If you don’t feel dead after work out, you didn’t work hard enough. Workouts are workouts, but it’s not a preparation for competition, where you need to train until you are completely destroyed. This is very common with beginners, who think that they are going to achieve faster results by working out too hard. But in reality, you need to take things slow, and let your body adjust to it.
- You’ll work out hard for one day, just because you’ve missed the whole week. Totally wrong. Don’t punish yourself this way, and don’t stress your body too much. If you work out too hard after a week off, you’ll find yourself very sore for the next 2-3 days… and not capable of working out again.
- You only need cardio to lose weight. Yes, cardio is good for building your stamina, your heart, and burning calories. But if you only do cardio, you are going to burn your muscles as well. Try to combine cardio with weight training instead.
- Running will make you fit. Running is not enough. Again, it’s a good cardio, but you must do other exercised along with running. This is the only way you’ll avoid hurting yourself.
- You’ll get your abs from exercise. Your abs is 30% of exercise, and 70% of your diet. Cross out alcohol, sugar and fat, if you want to have that six pack.
- You can’t consume saturated fat. Healthy saturated fat is actually very good for you. You need saturated fat for brain, heart and cell health.
- Fitness cereals are good for you. No they are not- they are full of sugar, and mess up with your insulin level. Do yourself a favor, and eat something healthy instead.
- You need supplements in order to get fit. The supplement companies benefit from myths about dieting, and they sell you the products that you don’t need. Do yourself a favor, and try to eat as clean as you can.
Photo : Source